About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ruby Tuesday, Send me a Letter ...

In between all the hard work with our living room make over, we still managed to squeeze in a photo hunting walk last Sunday.
We visited one of my favourite places here in Belgium, the Bokrijk Museum Park, an open air museum, where the past is reconstructed to the tiniest little detail . A photographer's paradise.
There will be more to come in the following days.

I know I already have posted pictures of Belgian mailboxes before on this blog, but this is how the old ones used to look ...









Look for more Ruby Tuesday pictures at Work of the Poet, and please say hi to Mary the Teach, because today is the Anniversary of this meme, one year already !!!
Happy Anniversary Ruby Tuesday, and thanks for hosting this fun photo meme, Mary!

23 comments:

Robin said...

You're right - your red mailboxes are MUCH nicer than ours!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That is a very beautiful mail box. I think I would be writing notes just to be able to mail them.

Marie Reed said...

I am obsessed with mailboxes so I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I have a postal themed meme on Friday. Would you be interested in entering this post for it too?

Leora said...

I can never tire of these wonderful European details, like the mailboxes or the windows behind.

Ballerina Girl said...

They are such cute mailboxes!

BG

Mar said...

Love them in red, they are yellow over here. Great shots for RT!!

Terri said...

Very cool mailbox! Can't wait to see more of those shots from the museum park!

Melli said...

Ohhhh what a FABULOUS ruby! Goodness! I never knew such beautiful letter boxes existed! WOW!

Libby's Library said...

I want one of these...please?

Amanda Guthrie said...

This is very cool I thought it was a fire hydrant until I read your post. Love the shots of how ornate this post box is!

Unknown said...

Cool mailboxes. In the US, mail boxes are big and bulky, like a lot of stuff in the US. And an unattractive blue.

Anonymous said...

Great Ruby Tuesday and the title goes so well with the pictures you posted. These are excellent as usual. Great work :)

quilly said...

Our mailboxes are so ugly and uninspired. I love yours!

Nessa said...

Your mailboxes are so lovely and interesting.

Dianne said...

definitely a photo paradise!!
I love the top shot since I love brick buildings

Dr.John said...

Great pictures. A red mail box which at first I thought was a fire hydrant.

A Lady's Life said...

Too bad we are not as artistic with our mail boxes.I wouldn't mind having one like this at my house.:)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

There is so much culture in Europe as here in the Americas, Things are so plain here.

Wonderful post

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love the older letter boxes. They do seem to have more character.

Terry said...

Howdy
Oh Happy Postcard Friendship Friday .
I love your fantastic Red Mailbox it is so cool.
Thank you for sharing today.
The flowers in your header are very beautiful.
I have really enjoyed my visit to your blog.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Marie Reed said...

Hooray!! I am truly swooning over the bright and vibrant beauty of this box! I'm even using the second image as the wallpaper on my computer! It makes me smile every time I look at it! Thank you soooo much.. you have really made my day! Happy PFF!

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Great little red mailboxes! Thanks for sharing your beautiful Belgium with us. Happy PFF!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Ooooh, I love that mailbox! I posted mailboxes today, too. They are just so cool. I imagine that I might like to mail a letter a day if I could use one of those each time.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive