About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Weekend Reflections, Fire Fighter’s Station

 

James, over at Newton Area Photo hosts a new meme called Weekend Reflections.

This is what James wants us to do:

1)Post a reflection photograph
2)After I post my Weekend Reflections photo, add your name, country and link to MckLinky
3)Be sure that your link goes directly to your Weekend Reflections post.
4)Comment on other Weekend reflections participant's blogs.
Feel free to be creative. Remember this meme is for any type of reflection.

 


My first entry is not very spectacular, I promise I’ll make better ones in the future, because I really really LOVE reflections.
Mirrors, rivers, lakes, puddles… anything reflecting, I love it!

This one was taken last week.
The fire fighter’s station is just around the corner from where I live, and last week they had their annual open doors event. There was food and drinks and demonstrations and the kids could ride along in a real fire fighter’s truck. 
The down side of this event was the terrible noise of the sirens we had to endure each time one of the trucks left the station. The kids loved it. Me? Not so much!!

I hope you’ll have a wonderful (quiet) weekend? 
I know I will!

21 comments:

Nessa said...

I like your reflection. Some people really love the fire sirens. Me not so much either.

Betty W said...

I love reflections too! I´m going to do this meme for sure! Maybe next week.
Have a great weekend too!

Regina said...

This is really a great reflections.
Awesome shots!

Wanda..... said...

I can recall several of your past great reflection photos Jientje...of the sky on your new patio table top for one and shop windows. Fire trucks are used in our hometown parades...they are deafening!

Suburban Girl said...

I think it is spectacular. My first though was Jientje did it again!

moneythoughts said...

I like the picture. As I was reading about the meme, Weekend Reflections, I thought of the photos of your flowers with the water drops reflecting the world around them. But, maybe that reflection is too subtle for a whole weekend.

James said...

This is a great reflection Jientje. At first I was amazed that Belgians watched tv outside. :)
Then I looked again and discovered that this is really a cool reflection. Great job. I always enjoy your photos.

Thanks for being part of Weekend Reflections.

Have a great Weekend.

Crafty Green Poet said...

great shot!

Heidi said...

This is a wonderful reflection. I haven't been over here in a while or anywhere else much, as I have been training at my new job. I've missed visiting your photos. Someday, perhaps I will visit the quaint place you call home- you get the best pictures there.

Have a nice weekend, Jientje!

Dimple said...

I like this shot! It is like using a periscope to see without being noticed. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent reflection shot. I can so hear those damn sirens going off. I too find them very annoying...A necessary evil however on a crowded street or highway. Well done my Belgian Bombshell :) Aloha

Gattina said...

That's a nice reflection !
I also read your weekly report, the parka you found sounds good. I had to pay the last half of my bill to Egypt, it's approaching too, I am leaving on the 8th of November !

kayerj said...

very unique, I love how the mirror is red and white frames the red and white of the fire station.

Carletta said...

No need to do better Jientje - this is a really cool shot!

Anonymous said...

This works because the reflection is the center of interest. The colors are more intense and the positioning draws the eye.

Libby's Library said...

What do you mean...this shot is FANTASTIC!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cool reflection,nonetheless :)
I can imagine the noise though, I bet you are glad it's over until next year ;)

quilly said...

I think this is pretty cool. It shows me a fire station and a fire truck very different from what I am used to!

VP said...

I did something like this, but yours is more funny, colorful and alive. Very good shot!

Jientje said...

@ Nessa : It was awful, it made me terribly nervous!
@ Betty : I've done reflections memes before and I had so much fun. I don't want to miss out on this one!
@ Regina: Thanks regina, glad ytou like it!
@ Wanda : They are deafening indeed. It made me very nervous to have to listen to all that noise all day!
@ Rebecca: Hmmm, I know I can do better.
@ moneythoughts : Waterdrops would be great for this meme, that's a great idea Fred. Reflections are everywhere. And they always hold an element of surprise.
@ James : I would not miss it for the world. I did a reflections meme a long time ago on my first blog, and I really enjoyed it a lot. Thaznks for hosting this!
@ Crafty Green Poet : Glad you like it!
@ 2Thinks : I have the same problem Heidi, haven't visited you enough either. My days are always too short and preparing for my trip still seems to eat quite a bit of blogging time!
I hope you had a nice weekend too Heidi!
@ Dimple : A periscope! Right!
@ Thom : Yeah, they were terribly noisy. Ruined hgalf my weekend!
@ Gattina : You will be in Egypt and I will be in Hawaii in November! Counting the days!
@ kaye: Yes, that was a nice coincidence!
@ Carletta : Thanks Carletta, but I still think it's not my best reflection shot ever!
@ awarewriter : Thanks, you sound as if you know what you're talking about.
@ Libby: Thanks Libby, I'm so glad you like it!
@ NicoleB : You bet!!
@ quilly : You just made me very curious to find out what yours look like!
@ Vogon Poet : Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Nice reflection! I love all the red!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive