for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
~Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976
The weather was very foggy all day on Tuesday so I grabbed “the big guy” and took him for a short walk along the canal. I love Mother Nature’s natural depth of field and how my photos turn into almost black and white.
1. My new fridge, all white and new and shiny! It (finally) got delivered on Saturday, I had been waiting for it for days. It’s a little bit taller than the previous one, which means more storage space inside.
2. Winter Punch Rooibos tea, with coconut, almond, apple and cinnamon flavors. I love to drink it while I’m watching television at night.
3. It has been raining all weekend, so we stayed inside and had a nice brunch on Sunday.
4. Fog. The weather was foggy all day last Tuesday, but that makes for the loveliest photos!
5. The blueberry pancakes I made, sweet and delicious!
The colors of Fall were more vibrant this year than I’ve ever seen before. I could not get enough of it, so here are a few more photos of Park ten Brandt …
My favorite photos of the week are from last Sunday when we made a photo walk in Park ten Brandt near Antwerp. Autumn has never been lovelier …
So here we go …
1. That lovely pink sunrise I saw yesterday. The minute I saw this gorgeous pink and purple glow I got my camera out and shot a few pictures. From where I am I cannot see the actual sun, but I did enjoy all the beautiful colors in the early morning sky.
It really made my day!
2. We went out and had a lovely walk in a beautiful park near Antwerp on Sunday.
I took my Big Guy ( my Canon 40D ) along and really enjoyed all the wonderful colors and photo opportunities fall had to offer! After the walk we had some warm apple pie and I sipped my first hot wine of the season.
3. When I got home I made some fresh onion soup with lots and lots of cheese on top! We drew the curtains, made a nice fire in the fireplace and lit some candles.
Life is so good!
4. I’ve been looking for it ever since an American friend of mine told me about it and it’s been over a year ago now! Wrigley’s 5 chewing gum is finally available in Belgium. It’s the only chewing gum that does not loose it’s flavor after two minutes.
She was right, I like it a lot!
5. The gourmet meal me and my friend Annie cooked on Saturday. The picture in the bottom right was our main course, venison with endive mash and a little salad with red beets and apple. The meat was cooked just right and we made a lovely sauce to go with it, it was heavenly!
As you can see, I had a lovely week, how was yours?
I missed a couple of Fave Five’s because I was so busy. Friday’s Fave Five is the meme which makes us look back and share some of the highlights of the week that has passed. These past weeks have been hectic and I haven’t been around my computer very much! So for this Fave Five I’m also including the highlight of the previous week, as pictured in the first collage below.
Two weeks ago today my daughter, her Spanish friend Marisol and her two girls came over for a visit. We had a lovely evening together over some good food and a glass of wine. My daughter had to translate the conversation because Marisol and her girls only speak Spanish, but that did not bother any of us.
1. My husband was on a business trip abroad until Thursday. I hate being alone, so I stayed at my parent’s house for the weekend. I slept in my old room again and was spoiled rotten by my parents! The weekend was much too short!
2. My father taught me how to make pig’s head cheese the old fashioned way.
Many years ago when my grandparents still slaughtered a pig each year, my father used to prepare head cheese, sausages and pâtés. I haven’t had it since then and I’m glad I now know how to make it.
3. I used public transport a lot this week. The bus trip to Sluis I made with my parents, (where we had apple pie!) travelling back home again from Bruges on Monday and using bus transport to meet up with my friend Nana on Tuesday.
4. Friendship. My friend Nana is such a good friend, I love her to pieces. We had breakfast and lunch together and just hung and enjoyed each other’s company. Another day that went by too fast!
5. The gift my husband gave me when he arrived home from his business trip. Among other things he got me a lovely handbag in my favorite color, purple! Woohoo!
I experimented with the aquarium setting on my camera. I would have wanted them a little bit more clear, but still …
Have you ever seen a smiling fish?
Play along with Midweek Blues. Post a picture with a little or a lot of blue in it and join the fun at the Dusty Cellar.
My daughter gifted me this flower arrangement when she visited me last weekend. Isn’t it lovely? It’s always such a pity when beautiful flowers wither, so I thought the best way to preserve its beauty is to take pictures while it’s still fresh and share them on my blog.
The furniture inside the houses at Bokrijk Museum Park is decorated with old kitchen utensils like this wired egg basket for instance.
The glass object is not a bottle, it’s an old fly catcher.
Sepia Scenes is hosted by Mary the Teach.