About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sepia Scenes, What About the Teddy Bear?

 

This series about the steam train would not be complete without a photo of the guys operating the engine. I thought sepia would add a nice little touch, but then when I saw the full sepia, I thought it was a little dull and bland. So I started over using Corel Paint Shop Pro x 12. I duplicated the photo, creating a layer and then turned the top layer into sepia using photo effects. After that I removed some of the sepia layer with my eraser tool thus revealing the guy’s red scarf.  
This little twist made the whole photo more lively. 

IMG_1804bc

I did the same thing with the second photo. I wanted to include that one because a lot of you asked about the little teddy bear on the engine. Yes, my dear readers, you saw that right, it IS a teddy bear. I’m not sure but I think he is a little mascot, put there to keep them company on their journeys and bring them good luck? Anyway, I think he’s cute, although he could do with a bath!

IMG_1838bc

 

Sepia Scenes is hosted by Mary the Teach.
Visit my other blog, Heavenin365 for a photo a day with the Canon D40.

16 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great idea! I like the scarf one best. While I do love Teddy bears I'm partial to people.

Colleen said...

I just finished scrolling through all of your train posts. What a fun place to go! I love what you did with the selective color on these photos.

Unknown said...

Lovely composition and great PP.

Avril said...

Oh very clever !! Love all the steam train photos! My dad loved steam trains and had a model so very similar to the green one you have photographed. My older brother has inherited it - I wonder if it's the same?

Susanne said...

Love what you did with these!

A Lady's Life said...

This is a wonderful job you did
and Teddy must be pleased. I feel bad for him in bad weather though. :)

Becky said...

Love these photos! Maybe the teddy bear could get a STEAM bath!!

Kala said...

Oh, the processing is wonderful in this images!

maryt/theteach said...

Oh, jientje, I love both of these! The little touch of color in both!! I'm choosing one of them to include in my college in Sepia Scenes!

kayerj said...

love the train in Sepia, and the red kerchief and teddy along for the ride are a sweet touch.

Loree said...

Wonderful edits. I thought I had seen a teddy bear. He's way cute.

Pat said...

The sepia tones give the feeling of "old times" on the photos. But the colored in scarf really gives it kick, as does the bear. Very nicely done!

EG CameraGirl said...

These sepia scenes are wonderful. I like how you've kept the colour on the scarf and bear, Very cool!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

This is so cute! He really pops out at you!

James said...

You did a wonderful job on these photos. I was wondering about the bear. :) Now I'm off to see your other blog.

Unknown said...

Everyone needs a mascot. :0) Love these, they look aged. :)

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive