About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Midweek Blues, Laundry Day

 mwb 1575

 

Only one picture today, but it’s a favorite of mine. I love the colors and the light, and I love how it came out looking like a painting from an old Master.
I took it at Bokrijk Museum park last time we were there.

 

IMG_3931bc


Play along with Midweek Blues!
Colors, moods, music, poetry...be as creative as you like!
Midweek Blues is hosted by Rebecca at the Dusty Cellar.

Visit my other blog, Heavenin365 for a photo a day with the Canon D40.

18 comments:

MaR said...

It is an outstanding picture, Jientje, it truly looks like a painting!! Congratulations.

Joyce said...

The light certainly makes it look like an old Dutch world classic (Vermeer). Was he Dutch? Think so. Never studied Art in school as my school had no Art program which was sad. I try to go to the museum as often as possible as I have missed so much. Off to catch the light on the beach today as it is suppose to feel like 100* so I want to jump into the ocean to cool off before it is noon and too hot to go then.

Suburban Girl said...

Yes it is very artistic in its feel. It is beautifully composed.

Colleen said...

Beautiful. It's an art to be able to take a really good still life.

Have you ever seen the movie "girl with the pearl earring"? The movie was good, but it was beautiful too. Each scene was composed so well and could have been a painting.

Dianne said...

it absolutely looks like an old masterpiece

the light is so exceptional

gigi said...

It is a perfect picture and feels so calm.

The French Bear said...

It does look like a masterpiece......a moment in time.....something oddly peaceful about this one!!! Maybe cause I love the shoes under the bench....
Great photo, I would hang this one up in my house!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Carol said...

Beautiful! It tells a story...

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, very nice indeed!

Unknown said...

Superb, Jientje!! Just perfect. I would LOVE to print this and hang it in my living room.

Carolyn Ford said...

This is a fabulous photo...it represents real life and nothing more! Beautiful!

A Lady's Life said...

Such a great shot I love the wooden shoes.
I remember having a pair and they were quite comfortable I wonder why people do not wear them anymore?

kayerj said...

I love the quaintness of this shot.

Robin said...

Beautiful shot. The yellow tones really do give it the feel of an Old Master as well.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Jim said...

I like those shoes, Jientje. Do you have any wooden ones of your own. They don't look very practical.
Happy MW Blues! Mine has a couple of flip flops. Must be foot day.
..

Unknown said...

It does look like a painting. I love it!

Pat said...

Truly stunning!

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

I can see why you like it. I do as well.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed