About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ruby Tuesday, Le Temps des Cérises …

 

ruby-slippers-door-stop_copy

 

Cherries … my favorite fruit. They’re the perfect image of Summer to me.
I asked my husband to pull the car over when we drove past a cherry orchard in Ménerbes. I knew they would make lovely rubies!

IMG_6360bc

  IMG_6370bc

 

IMG_6369

 

They look so juicy and shiny you can even see me reflected in them!
They tasted heavenly by the way!

More Ruby Tuesday pictures from all over the world at Mary’s Work of the Poet.

10 comments:

Korie said...

Ooh, I LOVE cherries! One of my favorite fruits, but sadly, I'm allergic and they make my tongue and throat swell up and itch. I can still eat a bit of kriek every now and then though.

Joyce said...

Wow I think I would have stayed in that cherry orchid until my tummy was full:-)

reg said...

These Cherries a perfect. I have been to Belgium and next to Canada I have to agree that Heaven is indeed in Belgium!!!

Auntie E said...

wow.. those are some great looking cherries. I bet they are great tasting also.
My Ruby Link for you.

Loree said...

Yummy. I could just eat and eat those gorgeous looking cherries.

Unknown said...

Mouth watering!!

A Lady's Life said...

Oh Gosh!!! They make my blueberries look soo small. lol Lovely and juicy:)

Bim said...

Hello Jientje, I haven't been here for a while! Delicious looking cherries - I hardly ever get to see any here in the south of England (nor eat them for that matter...)

Carletta said...

Your photos are delicious as well!

Heidi said...

I missed this one earlier this week. Mmm. These look delicious. Nice close ups.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive