About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five,Where Has the Week Gone to?

 

friday fave five 12

 

Where has this week gone to? I’ve been very busy lately,  so busy that I hardly found the time to post on my blog. But I don’t want to miss out on Friday’s Fave Five, the meme which makes us look back and share some of the highlights of the week that has passed.

 

fave five september 17th

1. My Hubby was home early on Thursday evening, and he had no appointments on Friday, which made for a very LONG weekend for us to enjoy. But long weekends seem to whizz by even faster!
2. The bike ride we made on Saturday. We rode through heath land and the scenery was breathtaking. This time I had not forgotten my camera so I took some photos, but they don’t do it justice. The pink landscape was a lot prettier in real life than my photos turned out to be!
3. Mushrooms. One of the things I like about Fall. I love to photograph them, but I like to eat them as well, well, … store bought ones that is!
4. At the moment my house is filled with the lovely aromas of the brown veal stock I am making. It takes twelve hours of gentle simmering before I can strain it and let it cool down. I’m going to deepfreeze small portions of it and it will give some real depth of flavor to my sauces this Winter.  
5. We visited my Mom and spent a lovely afternoon with my sisters and the rest of the family on Wednesday. Nine people at my Mom’s dinner table and she loved it! I’m really glad my Mom is doing so well after her surgery!

16 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Seems to me Jientje, you're living the life! Enjoy! :)

Melissa said...

Long weekends and time with family are gifts to be treasured!

Caution/Lisa said...

You have been busy.

I don't know about heath land, so now I have something to research. Thanks :)

Heather said...

Love long weekends!! :) Great faves list!

Gattina said...

A beautiful collage, resuming a nice week !
Fall is in the air ! and we had no summer or only 3 weeks !

Susanne said...

That time with your Mom and family is so precious. I'm glad to hear she is doing so well.

Your pictures are gorgeous as usual. Such lovely colors.

SONDRA PRICE said...

Beautiful pictures!

Bientje said...

We should be together more often sis!
Big hug,
Your little sister

Karyn said...

The Brown Veal Stock sounds interesting as a base for sauces, etc. I bet your house smells wonderful!

From the photos, it looks like you had a lovely bike ride!

Hubby time and Mom (family) time - great additions to any week! It's interesting when you find someone's list that has similar or even the same things as yours, isn't it? As you've already noted, we share some of our favorites this week......And I could have mentioned all the mushrooms in our yard too - except they are NOT a favorite. :)

Loree said...

What a beautiful week you have had Jientje. I love the pink flowers.

Jerralea said...

Oh, I would love to see the heath land. Is that like heather?

Sounds like a great week for you, and I'm glad your mom is doing well after surgery.

TXDidi said...

Oh, boy! I can almost smell that beef stock from here. I love being able to dig out my soup recipes when the cooler temperatures come. Nothing like a good soup or stew to warm a person up.

Cindy said...

Your week is full of fun things,
It is nice to be able to spend extra time with your hubby. There is nothing like a good stock and soup in the Winter months.
Fall colours are breath taking.

ellen b said...

so glad your mom is doing well after her surgery and how great that there were 9 of you to fill her dinner table. I love getting together like that. Mushrooms are so interesting in the wild. The scenery with the heath really is lovely.

Willow said...

What a lovely week you had! I'm so glad your mother is feeling so much better. I wish I could have been on that bike ride with you!

Avril said...

Can almost smell your countryside!!! Sounds just so lovely .. a leisurely bike ride in the country!
Glad your Mum is feeling better and belated birthday wishes from me and South Africa to your daughter!
Pop into my daughter (Jeanette's) post - she has photos of Connor from yesterday - such a huggable little soul, he is!! :) www.jeanetteverster.com

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed