About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly Winners, Food!





It's been a while, and I've missed participating in Weekly Winners lately.
This week I'm sharing my favorite food pictures of this past week.



"'l heure du Pastis"


... a little appetizer salad with beetroot, apple and herring.


Filo pastry with goat's cheese and pistachio nuts.



Marinated salmon with celeriac



Pasta with feta cheese, scampi and courgette


Sweet risotto with vanilla, coconut milk and spicy apricots

... and the first strawberries of the season, yummie!


Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus at I am Lotus. It's all about publishing your favorite photos of the week that has passed. Check it out!

15 comments:

Lucy @ I'm Lucy said...

Love the use of the reflections in the first picture. The color is nice on all of the food shots, and the detailing and depth of field for the strawberry pic is great!

Tara R. said...

This all looks amazing! Wonderful plating on all these dishes, you could be a food photographer. The filo pastry had my mouth watering.

Korie said...

I don't suppose you'd want to share some of the recipes here? They all look really lovely.

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Lovely food shots. Makes me hungry! Especially that sweet risotto. YUM.

JeNae said...

I really liked the strawberry shot. Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Wow! Terrific food shots and they all look so delicious!

Unknown said...

I am now officially hungry. Thankfully, almost time for dinner ;)

Gorgeous shots!

Karen Coutu said...

Okay, now I'm hungry! I wish I had bought some strawberries from the market yesterday. :P

A Lady's Life said...

looks delicious!!

Denise @ Musician's Widow said...

There should be a hunger disclaimer on this post. "The following photos may make you want to EAT YOUR COMPUTER MONITOR." hehehe

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that first shot. LOVE

Unknown said...

Oooooo. Yum. Just yummy. You could do adverts for restaurants. Your food photography is always just PERFECT!!

Rob Siemann said...

Keep some for us, we're in the next flight north!

Loree said...

Everything looks delcious.

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness, now my mouth is watering!

Wanda..... said...

Perfection, Jientje!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed