About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project 366 # 4

As of today I'm trying to get back on track with my Weight Watcher's program. One very important rule is that you need to drink eight large glasses of water each day. I really need to constantly remind myself to do that, so while I was looking around trying to find something interesting to photograph I had this glass of water in front of me.
I ended up making a series of photos of it from different angles while playing with the manual settings of my camera. Now the weather has been terrible all day (we had rain and storm) so the light in my kitchen was not so great which explains the gloominess of this picture.
This is the original version, it's the best I could do, not terrible, is it?

I decided it needed a little something to make it more interesting, so I played with it some more while editing it. I converted it to black and white, bumped up the contrast and the sharpness, cropped and framed it and voilĂ ! My new Project 366 picture!

Date: 03/01/2012 11:01
Model: Canon EOS D40
ISO: 400
Exposure time: 1/20 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure Bias: - 0.00 EV
Focal Length: 59.0 mm
Metering Mode: center weight
Flash Used: no
Exposure: Manual
White balance: auto

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Een nieuw jaar, een nieuw project! Succes!

fotorantje said...

aha hier zit jij, in t engels :-)
een glaasje water kan deugd doen vind ik, maar smaakt beter in de zomer dan in de winter
sommige zeggen dat teveel water ook niet goed is, ik las onlangs dat een sapje van ananas (geen verse, maar opgelegd in eigen vocht) en venkel goed in een dieet past
Veel succes!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive